The Cookie Law, or EU E-Privacy Directive, is a law that has been brought across Europe to help consumers make informed choices about the cookies they accept on the computer.
WHAT’S A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time.
Cookies are NOT viruses. Cookies use a plain text format. They are not compiled pieces of code so they cannot be executed nor are they self-executing. Accordingly, they cannot make copies of themselves and spread to other networks to execute and replicate again.
WHAT (PERSISTENT) COOKIES DOES ROEL’S WORLD USE?
- This blog is build with the PHP scripting language, the related cookies are named “PHPSESSID” and “ses+number”.
- The cookie called “__cfduid” belongs to cloudflare.com, a service that provides stability, speed and security for Roel’s World.
- A “functional cookie” is used to track your browsing behavior at Roel’s World via Google Analytics. The cookies used by Google are “__utma” to “__utmz“, “_ga“, “_ga_tracker1” and “_ga_tracker2“.
- The paypal donate option uses up to approx. 20 cookies.
- The embedded audio and video players used in the blog articles use various cookies provided by those services too.
Disabling any of these cookies will not have a major negative effect your overall browsing experience, but allowing the usage of cookies will improve the experience.
Roel Hollander / Roel’s World will NOT SHARE any personal information whatsoever with third parties.
The last words of this article are for Sid …